Paint!

Friday, December 7, 2007

If you are in a place that has old dinged up time worn walls, but don't have the time or money to completely re-do them then flat paint is your best friend.

Most apartments or houses will have stark white, semi-gloss walls.

I hate white. It reminds me of an asylum. I go crazy looking at white walls all the time to.

We don't like to live in a constant doctors office so let's try to fix that.

What flat paint does- It takes the shine off. So since there is no light reflecting off them, all of the dings and dents sort of hide.

What flat paint doesn't do- CLEAN UP WELL!!! If you get a nasty stain on the wall and you try to scrub it off you will end up taking the paint with it. Do not paint kitchens, bathrooms, or any other place that gets high traffic in flat paint unless you want to be re-painting constantly.

Best thing- It's cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wondered when I was getting to that eh? Well flat is usually the cheapest out of all the paint types. I got mine for $8 a can at wal-mart. Can anyone say woot?

I did up my living room in a nice flat red. Yes I am daring. I'll have to repaint when I move but that is what the cheap white paint at dollar general type stores are for.

0 comments:

Diseño original por Open Media | Adaptación a Blogger por Blog and Web